Sunday, July 29, 2012

Chapter 3: Maybe . . . Just Maybe .

It was just a kiss. A simple mistake. Why can't he just let it go?
All day Nicki had been ignoring Sb, which was kinda hard, because they lived together. Safaree tried everything in his power to get Nicki to come out of her room and speak to him, but it was always a fail or a argument. And Safaree didn't want another one of those. If she could just let me explain, or at least apologize for what I did.
~
SB was in the living room watching TV, when he heard the sound of heels clacking on the floors. He looked up from the television, to see Nicki fully dressed. She had on a cute green baby doll top, and a cute matching ruffle skirt, along wtih her yellow harajuku hat and blonde lace front wig. In Safaree's eyes she was perfection. "I'm going out for a couple of hours, to catch up with Lauren and Candi." SB knew hwat that meant: gossiping about HIM. He replied with a simple head nod, to show that he heard her and understood her. With that, Nicki headed out the door and peeled out of the driveway in her barbie benz.
(At Lauren's House)

"Girl, no he didn't!" Candi exclaimed while popping a jolly rancher in her mouth. "Yes Candi, he did." "So what did you do?" Lauren asked with her head cocked towards Nicki. Nicki started fumbling with her nails. Her two best friends knew that when Nicki fumbles with her nails, she's nervous. "Nicki, We're not gonna ask again." Lauren stated firmly. "Okay, okay. He kissed me. I knew that he was growing feelings for me, because at the way he looks at me now. After her kissed me, I kissed him back, then I ran towards my room." Candi and Lauren's eyes widen. Ten years ago, when Nicki's whole crew was in high school, Safaree confessed his love for Nicki to Candi and Lauren. He told them to keep it a secret, until he was ready to tell her. "Girl, he loves you. Always has, duh." Candi rolled her eyes. "Nicki, you shouldn't have ran from him. Go tell him how you feel, because me, you and God know you love that man." With that, Nicki made her way to the door, to go back home. "Where you going?" Candi and Lauren both asked, standing up. "To go get my man."
~
Safaree was in the kitchen making a home made burger and fries, when Nicki walked inside the front door. He tried to avoid eye contact with her, but failed horribly. Safaree took a seat down at the bar and Nicki followed. She started talking and turned towards SB. "Faree', look I just wanna say-." "Save it, Nic. No need to explain, we're just friends, right?" He let out a dry chuckle. "What?! NO! Safaree, I think I'm really feeling you. I've been feeling this way since we were little kids. I just could never build the courage to tell you, because I was scared that you wouldn't feel the same." Nicki lowered her head. "Nic, I never thought I would here you say that. I've felt this way, since day one. I love you, more than a friend and I know its gonna take you some time and I'm okay with that as long as I have you right by my side. Nicki looked up at SB and smiled, which caused Safaree to smile. Yes, I've finally got the girl of my dreams.

2 comments: